Yesterday we lost a Gem of this County. Minister, who was a true replica of honesty, genuineness and had a clean image throughout his political career. The Real Aam Aadmi. There are very few personality in our country that cut all the devises and loved by everyone. Least controversial minister of our Nation Mr. Manohar Parikar Ji. He had no Haters. Often I write about thinks that motivate and give positivity to life. This time I want to acknowledge a person and his devotion for this country, former defense minister, Goa’s 4 time chief minister Mr. Manohar Parikar-
But before you get started order a cake from onlinecake.in. Tap on your browser for an online cake delivery in delhi.
He was born in Goa in a middle class family. He Studied at Loyola High School, Margao. After completing his further education from Marathi, he then went on to pursue metallurgical engineering from IIT Bombay (Indian Institute of Technology). He was the first MLA who was from IIT Bombay.
Mr. Manohar Parikar was a member of RSS Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and joined it at a very early age. At the age of 26 he became the sanghchalak(local director) in Mapusa. He was the key organizer for Ram Janmabhoomi movement.
On 24 October 2000 he became the CM of Goa for the first time, but his tenure lasted only for 2 years. The he was re-elected in 2002. But the year 2012 saw Parrikar riding a popularity wave in the state when he took his party to the historic number of 21 out of 40 seats in the assembly. He went on to become the chief minister again. BJP continued its victory mark in the year 2014 when the party won both the Lok Sabha seats.
AS A DEFENSE MINISTER-
On 9 November 2014 he was became the Defense Minister of India till 13 march 2017. His stern replies to journalists and the public melted people’s heart and accepted him as a true leader. Major Operations were held during his tenure which makes us proud as a Nation-
- NORTH EAST OPERATION-
- North- east operation after militants were killed by insurgent groups was held under Manohar Parikar monitoring, in order to settle peace and serenity in borders for army and locals.
- FIRST SURGICAL STRIKE-
- The very first surgical strike after the Uri attack was monitored under Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and Army Chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag. They monitored the entire operation in real time, receiving footage from the helmet cameras as well as a drone.
- ONE RANK ONE PENSION (OROP)
- Implementation of One Rank One Pension which was a long demand if the Armed forces.
- BOOSTED ARMY
- Modernization in Indian army. New guns, bullet proof jackets and many more basic stuff he brought in.
- RAFALE DEAL-
- Speeding the process of Rafale deal.
AS GOA’S CHIEF MINISTER-
- He invested into education and made government hospitals free and also protected Goa’s language interests.
- Brought the International Film Festival of India, an annual event to Goa’s shores
- Modernized Goa’s infrastructure
- IT revolution in Goa
- Struck down on illegal mining in the state
- His biggest achievement was the construction of Atal Setu- A 4.2 km long Cable staying bridge which was India’s 3rd longest cable stayed bridge
- He invested into education and made government hospitals free
- It was his vision that he started he cyber age scheme which distributed laptops to high school students
Even when was he was battling such chronic diseases not even for one day he forgoes to obey his duties. He presented the Goa Budget when we wasn’t been able to walk properly. Even at his last he was truly dedicated to his work. Nation salutes hero like that and every minister should take inspiration from him on how to serve the Nation honestly with dedication.